On The Runway: All the rounds (I entered)
On The Runway was a dolling pageant specialising on fashion. It was a quite long pageant with eight rounds, if I remember correctly. It was also quite challenging in that it required participants to balance too many factors, not just drawing pretty clothes; that’s what made it pretty interesting but also too demanding. I ended up having to drop out after round 5 ended, yet it was certainly interesting seeing the participants who managed to stay till it ended.
These here are all my entries for that pageant each of them fitting a theme.
1) The Auditions round required us to doll our model wearing some fashionable summer wear. We also had to settle on a name for her (the biggest challenge for me), I chose María Solórdea “Solo” as my model.
2) Model House Mayhem: One of my favourite rounds from OTR. We had to make a doll based on a picture of a room. We were given four pictures and had to reserve a room. Since I managed to win the auditions round I could skip the reservations and thus experimented with all designs.
3) Bling it on: The makeover round. We had to change our models haircut according to the descriptions and pictures the judges sent to us; I got Anya Ayoung Chee’s hair. We also had to design an outfit that could stand out without any accessories (no jewelry of any kind, no gloves, no bags, nothing). A last minute decision made me change my entry entirely the night before the deadline. It was worth it.
4) Colours of Life: Inspired by SoBe’s Life Water flavours. I chose Orange Tangerine. We also had to incorporate the logo somewhere, can you find the little lizard.
5) Fashion Fowl: Another great theme imo. We were given a list of birds and had to design a haute couture outfit based on them. I chose a Frigate bird and went for a flamenco pose to make her more expressive.